Choosing the Right College is the indispensable resource for students—and parents—who want the unvarnished truth about America’s top colleges and universities. Forget the straight-from-the-website accounts of campus life you find in other college guides. Based on exclusive reports from on-campus sources, this book uncovers the best—and worst—aspects of nearly 150 schools, including lesser-known institutions worth a close look.
As the most in-depth, independently researched guide on the market, Choosing the Right College covers the intellectual, political, and social conditions that really matter. Here you’ll discover information you can’t get anywhere else, including:
- Insider advice on professors, courses, and departments—especially the ones to avoid
- A unique “traffic light” feature—red, yellow, or green—that reveals the state of free speech on campus and intellectual freedom in the classroom
- Handy lists of schools’ strengths and weaknesses
- The truth about day-to-day student life: living arrangements, campus safety, the social scene, and much more
- An insider’s look at the pros and cons of online education
- A road map for getting a real education at any college
Choosing the Right College also provides the financial information families need in this age of soaring tuition. Which are the most overpriced colleges—and which provide the best bang for the buck? Which schools offer the most financial aid? What is the average student-debt load of graduates? To cap it all off, Choosing the Right College introduces a groundbreaking feature called “Blue Collar Ivies”—in-depth reports on the best affordablecolleges in all fifty states.
Choosing the Right College will completely change the way you make a life-altering decision.
|What They're Saying...||
“Easily the best of the college guides” —American Spectator . . . “Indispensable” —First Things . . .“An excellent guide” —National Review . . . “A godsend” —National Catholic Register . . . “Of great value” —New York Post . . . “The right book” —Cal Thomas . . . “This is the book you need”—Practical Homeschooling . . . “Unmatched” —Christina Hoff Sommers
|Eligible for Readers Club Discount||Yes|